Remember that bowl of cherries I had last week?
| Sour Cherry Jelly |
What else did I do today? Hmmmmm....I took on the monster of all monsters. This is what he looks like. I like to call him Gauge. (Get it? Gage/Gauge? Lol! I'm so funny! But what you're probably thinking is "Nerd alert! Nert alert! Whatev's.) Meet the monster.
| The Pressure Canner |
I know. You're still mocking me aren't you? But this thing is seriously scary. I was being a nice daughter and canning green beans for my mother. And as I sat outside snipping beans and tossing them into a bowl, I felt like a true domestic country lady. I watched tractors driving back and forth down the street. I could smell manure. My dog sat at my feet and kept me company and I snipped beans from the garden. It was another Ingles moment. (sigh) That is until the beans were ready to process in the canner. Ahhhhh! But I survived. There were no explosions. There was no mushroom cloud. There were no 911 calls. And I only had to call my grandma twice for assistance. No worries. Whoosh!
| Bottled Green Beans |
Well, now that I've tooted my own horn, let me tell ya what else I did today (and maybe what I didn't do too). I didn't shower until nearly 1 o'clock this afternoon. I didn't do the dishes. I did take out the garbage (clap, clap, clap) because the smell was making me nauseous. I argued with my kids A LOT. I grounded my 4-year-old twice (don't ask). I took the kids to swim lessons. I didn't put makeup on. I wore scrub bottoms and a t-shirt all day so I didn't really get dressed. (I probably won't change til morning. I'm really comfy.) I did brush my teeth. I didn't do my hair. I did put on a bra. (you're welcome) I updated my blog. (duh!) The kids entered chickens in the county fair (but I guess I can't take credit for that since my neighbor did all the work, so, never mind). I let my kids enter chickens in the fair. (lol....still so funny I am) Ummmmmm.....I watered the lawn and killed a spider. I did a couple of loads of laundry but didn't fold them. And that's about it. So even though I'm showing off my jelly and beans, it's really just because it's the only task that I officially completed today. I'm normal. Actually, probably a little below average. But today was a good day. And when My Man came home from work and asked, "So, what did you do today?" in his sweet loud voice, all I had to do was point to the jars cooling in the kitchen. Nuff said. That's right. I'm da bomb!
1 comment:
You rock sister! Nice work on the canning. Makes me miss old times.
Post a Comment