| See that little person on stage? That's Mr. McGraw. |
I had a hot date this weekend. H-O-T! My hot date and I went to the Tim McGraw/Lady Antebellum concert. Good music. Good times. Good company. Good people watching. Correction......weird people watching! In fact, the word "weird" is an understatement. I don't even know how to describe the people that walk the earth or stagger into country music concerts. The little posse I was with (although I'm biased) was very cute and normal. But really? To the other concert goers out there, what made you think that it was okay to leave the house wearing that? Or rather, what made you think that it was okay to leave the house wearing lack of that?
At one point during the concert women started throwing bras on the stage. I'm not sure what mortified me more....the fact that they were throwing their bras on stage, or the fact that they were throwing grandma bras on stage. Note to self, should I ever attend a concert and decide to remove my bra to throw it on stage, wear a fancy pretty bra, not a flesh colored ginormous comfort Playtex bra. Granny panties are worn for comfort, not fashion. Granny bras are likewise. And for the record, de-bra-ing myself in public really isn't my style. I'm more of a private undresser.
Concert concessions. Hmmmmm...where to begin. I would like to shake hands with the genius that figured out a way to buy a pack of Dasani water bottles and sell them for $3.50/bottle. I hate you, whoever you are, but I must congratulate you on what could possibly be one of the most annoying yet smartest and most profitable ideas ever. (clap, clap, clap) Well done, Concession Man. (clap, clap, clap) Well done! You finagled me out of $7.
We were told before the concert (which is rumor of course) that before going on stage Mr. McGraw runs 3 miles to achieve the sheen and glimmer he prefers having on his skin for his performance. I will agree that his sheen was nicely accomplished. However after seeing his skinny jeans I beg to differ the reasoning behind his running 3 miles. Don't get me wrong, he wore them well. But most people would require far more running than 3 miles to squeeze their lower half into those drain pipes. Just sayin'.
And PS -- Does Mr. McGraw ever take off his cowboy hat? Food for thought.
1 comment:
Dang, I am jealous. I really wanted to go to this. I'm too cheap to throw Tim one of my bras. Maybe a candy bar, though. Have you SEEN Tim without his hat? He's half the man without it.
Post a Comment