Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Scary Dream

It's not a secret to many that my dreams at night are often bizarre.  They tend to be centered around abnormal and extremely weird topics.  Last night my dream wasn't so odd, but disturbing still the same.

The Dream:  I was doing laundry.  I pulled out the bottle of bleach to add to the wash water.  The bleach splattered as I poured.  I ruined my favorite jeans and bleached the crotch of my son's school pants. 
The End

Nightmare right?  Dreaming about doing laundry?  Lame!  I'm sure I dreamt about it because I'd been doing laundry all day yesterday.  But bleach?  What a traumatic twist.  Being the genius that I am I was able to pinpoint the relevance of bleach in my dream.  My kids have been sick, so naturally thoughts of bleach were floating around in my head.  Makes total sense.  Bleach = Killing germs.  The next mystery.....my favorite jeans.  I don't shop.  That's not an exaggeration.  I really don't shop for clothes for myself more than once or twice a year (if that), therefore I have a very limited wardrobe so it would be devastating for my favorite jeans to be bleach splattered.  Nightmare, again!  But the one part of my dream that I haven't been able to conclude is the part about bleaching the crotch of my little boy's jeans.  Maybe he's sterile?  I don't know.

RECAP - I did laundry yesterday, I dreamt about it last night, and I'm currently doing laundry as I blog.  What's more frightening?  My dream?  Or my reality?

No comments: