The girls invited their cousin and a friend to participate in the sale with them. But then in realizing the drama and cattiness that could result in working equally with 4 girls, they took it upon themselves to set up a corporation of sorts. My eldest, Paige, decided that since she was the brains behind the whole production she should be the President. She then called Gracie to be the Vice-President. The other two girls would be the secretaries. And then to satisfy her brother's desires to be a part of this special occasion she appointed them to security duty. The boys were thrilled with their job and title of "security" but soon found out that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Paige and Gracie insisted that they wear certain attire. Black. Everything black. When Brooks came out wearing a charcoal suit coat and slacks with newly polished black leather church shoes I intervened and explained that he could wear whatever he wanted. He settled for jeans, a t-shirt, a coyote jawbone necklace, a bandanna on his head, a ball cap and sunglasses. (I swear I didn't encourage this!) Very intimidating! After the matter of uniform was solved the girls set up scenarios of what would happen if someone tried to steal something from their jewelry sale. If the security guards caught the thief and prevented any harm to the merchandise, they had successfully passed the training tests and were then promoted to "senior security". If they failed however then the girls would kindly relieve the boys of their duties. Brooks passed. Cort failed.
The date was set. The corporation was organized. Security was trained. It was time to sell some jewelry.
| Notice the ginormous tub of cheese balls under the table for snacks. |
Five hours after the store opened the girls started cleaning up their tables and goods and counted and separated their money. Each little entrepreneur walked away beaming with $8 in their pockets. It was a good day. And more than anything I was happy to see the sale end because it meant that they would stop bossing me around. Oh wait.....I've got a lifetime of that left with two sassy girls. Deep breaths. Count to 10. It will be okay. I will survive. Right?
2 comments:
That is the cutest story! Wish I could've bought some handmade jewels.
Too cute! Makes me miss them. I would have been the best customer of the day!
Post a Comment