I woke up this morning wearing the same clothes that I had worn all day yesterday. Why? Well, my husband went to a late basketball game so I thought I'd be a cute wife and wait up for him. Unfortunately, I fell asleep on the couch, fully dressed, and when my husband got home late last night, he went to bed without waking me. I'm not so much bothered that I spent the night on the couch. It's my own fault. But as I got up this morning and started going about my business around the house, I thought, "I'm already dressed. Do I really have to change?" After a quick sniff of the old armpits, I realized that I didn't smell bad. I could probably get away with being grubby today and not shower. I could just wash my face, pull my hair back, and call it good. But if my husband came home from work tonight and I was still wearing the outfit that I had worn yesterday and all night last night, would he believe that I had accomplished anything today? Nope. He wouldn't. And whether I actually have done anything useful today or not isn't the point. The point is that my husband needs to think that I've done something productive today. So do I change? Or do I not?
No matter what any of you think I should or should not do, my answer is as follows. I decided to wash my dirty face, pull back the greasy hair, slip on some clean clothes, skip makup and accessories (because that would be too much effort considering my lazy day), and surprise my old man with his favorite dinner. That way, he won't care what I did today. What man would even notice a semi-dirty house with a semi-white trash wife if all he could smell was the delicious aroma of roast and homemade rolls?
No comments:
Post a Comment