Don't let the title of my blog scare you. This is my journal of thoughts, questions and everyday experiences. It has nothing to do with squeaky poo. I am the 33-year-old stay-at-home mother of five little monkeys who I think are amazing and hilarious. My life is a Grab Bag of entertainment. Not even I know what I'm gonna get. It's just a matter of realizing that often the difficult times are also the funniest and most entertaining. So bring on the squeaky poo!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
My Special Shopping Cart
Am I the only one who tends to be cursed with the most disfunctional shopping cart everytime I go to the store? I hate those carts. They shouldn't be allowed to make the "line up". I walked into Walmart today, grabbed the next cart in line (and I'm sure if it had a brain it was thinking, "Sucker!") and pushed my way into the most dreadfully necessary store on the planet. Walmart is a necessary evil. Anyway, after visiting Customer Service, which for the first time in the history of Walmart didn't have a line at all, I strutted my way to the appropriate departments to get my groceries. As I was pushing my empty cart, I noticed that the front left wheel didn't even touch the ground and got stuck occasionally when taking corners. But I took sympathy on the crippled shopping cart. I trudged on. But this trip to the store wasn't a quick simple one. We were not only lacking food at our house, but bathroom supplies, cleaners and paper goods. After nearly 2 hours of shopping I had a cart so packed and overflowing that it would've been a challenge for even my husband to handle. And to make matters worse I was constantly reminded of the sympathy I had unfortunately taken on my handicap cart. The weight of my groceries caused the cart to lean onto the broken wheel making it impossible to push at all. I can't count how many times I turned a corner to enter a new aisle only to have the broken wheel dig into the floor causing the handle of the cart to jam violently into my abdomen. There is a good possibility that I have an injured organ. But I was a trooper, and I continued on. The cart was getting so heavy and overloaded that it was no longer an option to push it so I tried to pull it. That worked okay if I lifted up on the leaning corner as I pulled. After some time of doing that I added a ruptured vertebrae to my list of injuries. But miracles do happen and two happened at Walmart today. The first miracle was the quick attention I was given at Customer Service. The second was the open check-out line when I was finished shopping. So despite my internal bleeding and aching back my trip to Walmart was somewhat of a success. I got what I needed and then some. But just a word to the wise from someone who knows what she's talking about.....don't take pity on the handicap shopping carts. It's like if you were choosing a team for kickball. You wouldn't choose the kid with the gimp leg. Just sayin'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment