Don't let the title of my blog scare you. This is my journal of thoughts, questions and everyday experiences. It has nothing to do with squeaky poo. I am the 33-year-old stay-at-home mother of five little monkeys who I think are amazing and hilarious. My life is a Grab Bag of entertainment. Not even I know what I'm gonna get. It's just a matter of realizing that often the difficult times are also the funniest and most entertaining. So bring on the squeaky poo!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Fun Dip
Whoever invented Fun Dip hates me. They love children. But they want to torture the parents of all children. Fun Dip is one of the coolest candies out there. It is the one that every child wants. Why? Because it's messy and you get a candy stick utensil. And how do I know this? Because I use to be a kid. With Valentines Day right around the corner, Fun Dip has already graced our home with it's presence. Yesterday the boys and I went and exchanged Valentine's with friends in the neighborhood. Today my eldest son had a Valentines party at school and exchanged cards and goodies there. Between the two parties we have been blessed with several packets of Fun Dip. Yesterday, after our first party, the boys came home and went straight for the Fun Dip. They dumped it into a small Tupperware for better access and started dipping. The dipping got boring quickly, so they ate the small stick that comes with the powdery candy and started using their fingers. Pretty soon they had another package open and were sharing it with each other and their sister. I was trying to ignore them because as they say, "kids will be kids" and that comes with plenty of messes and sugar highs. Ignoring them was both a blessing and a mistake. Soon there was Fun Dip powder everywhere. It was on the table. It was on the floor. It was on all the dining room chairs. And there wasn't just one Tupperware bowl anymore but now there were three. Sugar powder of various colors now decorated my dining room. I hoped that was the extent of the mess, but I should've known better. I heard the three little Fun Dip monkeys giggling in the bathroom so I went to see what was going on. Their hands were green. Their fingers were red. Their teeth and tongues were stained blue. And my favorite part was the mustache of bright Fun Dip colors that painted their little faces. So once again, why do the makers of Fun Dip hate me so much? They do know it stains don't they? It's as if they took a look at Kool-Aid and tried to one up them. Can you imagine if the Kool-Aid punch guy came out with just a packet of Kool-Aid powder and encouraged kids to eat it? It would be a disaster. No, wait a minute.....it would be Fun Dip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hate Fun Dip!
Post a Comment