Don't let the title of my blog scare you. This is my journal of thoughts, questions and everyday experiences. It has nothing to do with squeaky poo. I am the 33-year-old stay-at-home mother of five little monkeys who I think are amazing and hilarious. My life is a Grab Bag of entertainment. Not even I know what I'm gonna get. It's just a matter of realizing that often the difficult times are also the funniest and most entertaining. So bring on the squeaky poo!
Monday, February 22, 2010
Brain Freeze
I got up this morning and jumped in the shower. Let me just emphasize how badly I needed a shower today. I could smell myself. But for some wonderful reason, my shower hates me. I hopped in, rinsed off, shampooed my hair, and right in the middle of my lathering, the water went cold. Not lukewarm. It was "I feel like I'm rolling in snow naked" cold. For 10 minutes I stood there shivering, butt cheeks clenched, teeth chattering, and so many goose bumps I could feel my leg hairs growing. The water seemed to be getting colder. Finally I mustered up the courage to go for it. I showered faster than I thought humanly possible. But it was so incredibly cold that while rinsing my hair I got an instant brain freeze. I'm not talking "I drank my Slurpee too fast" brain freeze. My scalp went numb and my head started pounding. And while I should've been thinking about cures for freezer burn, I was thinking about the good old folks of Walnut Grove on Little House on the Prairie. Those poor suckers. They bathed in a cold metal tub or in a stream. How did people survive back then? Caroline Ingles...just when I thought I couldn't respect you more.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, I showered at your house once and the same thing happened to me. Well, I didn't get the brain freeze but I did have the freezing cold water and then it switched to scalding hot and back to freezing and on and on.
I liked the part about how you stood there forever freezing and shivering hoping it would get warm again. The mental picture is a funny one for me. ('Cept I'm trying not to see you naked.)
Post a Comment