Thursday, July 22, 2010

Food for Thought

1)  Never pour Crystal Light in your eye.  It stings.  It's contrary to what I would have expected as well, but take my word for it. 
2) Beware of ice in your beverages.  When it settles it can splash Crystal Light into your eye.  Once again, it doesn't feel good.
Crystal Renn, size 10 plus size model
3) Who in their right mind decided that women that wear a size 10 are "plus size"?  The answer to that is clearly "a skinny person".  (I used the word "person" rather than what I was thinking.  I like to consider this blog a family friendly blog.)  The Today Show interviewed a plus size model this morning (size 10) who was angry that her photos had been retouched to make her look thinner. 
4) As a plus size model myself I'm not angry that my photos were enhanced (that was deliberate) but angry that "normal" or even "skinny" is considered plus size.
5) I fear for the future of my daughters.  Unreal expectations.  (refer to #4)
6) My 5-year-old son took me on a tour of the farm last night.  We climbed fences, squeezed through cracks in barns, and I was graciously introduced to the new bull who is famous for the ring in his nose.  However, the ring seemed pointless to me after my son gave me a tutorial of his "nuts".  What?  Did he just say that?
7) Why adult acne?  Why?  Wasn't I tortured enough during high school?
8) Is it okay for children to miss meals during the day?  Cuz I'm pretty sure that we missed both lunch and dinner yesterday?  Is that normal during the summer or am I a bad mom?  I vote for normal.  At least on occasion.  And dinner at 10 o'clock never hurt anyone.  Right?

9) Febreze.  Clorox Wipes.  Fly swatters.  D-Con.  I heart you.

10) Do earwigs and Box Elder bugs serve a purpose other than to annoy?

11) Mad Libs. 

12) I love summertime.  Cooking on the grill.  Swimming.  Running through sprinklers.  Sun kissed cheeks and shoulders on my babies.  Gardens.  Mowing the lawn.  Popsicles.  Baseball games.  Campfires.  And that one time I dared my brother to stick a peanut up his nose and it got stuck.  Good times.

2 comments:

Tris said...

The part that said, "Sun kissed cheeks and shoulders on my babes" confused me. I read it as, Sun kissed cheeks. And shoulders on my babes. I thought it was weird that you were thankful that your kids had shoulders. But...you are kind of weird so nothing would surprise me. :)

Monique said...

Emily I'm so glad I found your blog. It has become a highlight of my week to read your updates! You're Hilarious. Love ya!