Since I recently admitted that I'm "hair challenged", I might as well add to that and let everyone know that I am also fashionably challenged. I wear the same clothes every week. Rotation takes place every 7 days. And to add to that shame I'm pretty sure I have a skirt hanging in my closet that I wore in high school.
A few years ago my husband and I went to a dinner party. I had nothing to wear and was in a huge hurry. I grabbed some pants and an old sweater and threw them on. As I walked into the party one of my friends looked me up and down. As I got closer to her she said, "I'm pretty sure I had that same sweater in high school. Is it from the GAP?" Hmmmmm....awkward! I replied, "Oh, I'm not sure. My sister gave it to me [back in high school]."
After I had one of my baby girls I saved up some mad money to go shopping. I was feeling frumpy as a new mom so I thought a new outfit might cheer me up. I came home with a bag full of surprises and was so excited about my new purchases. The next day I put on my favorite new shirt. It was red and white striped, scoop neck, 3 quarter sleeves. Very cute under a pair of overalls. (cough..cough) My new shirt was magic. Until I ran into my husband's grandma wearing the same one.
Oh....hold up....did I mention that with my mad money my first stop to shop was Shopko? Really? No wonder Brian's grandma had the same outfit. And to think that the mall was right across the street. So close and yet so far. I disgust myself.
PS---I quite enjoy Shopko even to this day. But due to past experiences I no longer buy my own clothes there. If you do, please take no offense. After reading the above story you should understand my reasoning.
2 comments:
So you're the person that keeps Shopko in business. I figured it had to be someone!
Hey Lara, we don't have a Target so where else are we suppose to shop?
Actually, I "used" to like Shopko years ago. Prolly around the same time you went on your shopping spree. Now their clothes are completely overpriced. And might I add that the Cache Valley Mall doesn't have much too offer so you shouldn't feel too bad for not going there.
And as for your sweater from high school... Akward! Does that same person that had one in high school read your blog?
Post a Comment