After I got home from running this morning I was laying on the living room floor stretching. My 3 oldest kids were watching curiously. As I rolled over onto my stomach I said, "Watch. This is how you do the worm." Now for those of you who have been lucky enough to witness it, I do a killer worm. But I have only figured out how to roll from front to back. This morning I was trying to demonstrate to the kiddos how to "worm" back to front (meaning knees to chest). As I rolled down onto my hands, my hips and butt hit the ground with a vengeance. I layed there on my stomach trying to figure out what had just happened. I thought, I'm pretty sure that's not how they do it on TV. The kids laughed hysterically. Paige said, "Mom, your butt just jiggled like jell-o!" They all giggled harder. Then Paige said, "That's your new nickname. Jell-o Butt!"
It's not even 10:30 AM and every time I walk into a room my kids laugh and say, "Hi, Jell-o Butt!" And here I thought I was going to be Cool Mom. It's gonna be a long day!
3 comments:
You're kind of a cool mom for at least trying to do the worm. And you're even a cooler mom for getting up and running. I haven't ran since the race. Promise me you will run with me when I move home.
PS-At least you were trying to do the worm. I did the worm once when I was playing tag with small children at a playground in St. George. I tripped and ate it pretty hard and did the worm. I wasn't even trying that time and I looked completely hideous! I know it's a moment you will forever cherish in your memory.
I got called Lisa all last week by my eight year old. But I think Jell-O butt is way better. I'm gonna ask him if he'll switch!!
(PS...I guarantee that my butt is waaaay more jello-ee-er than yours!)
Em...you always know how to make me laugh *so* hard. Thanks for the story even though it's a tough one on your part.
I'm sure you look amazing as ever.
btw...I've always been envious of your hair.
Post a Comment