Friday, July 23, 2010

One Year Older


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY BOY!
He had his first big boy party with all of his buddies.  He requested "me time" with his friends (meaning without his siblings) and I think he was pleased with what "me time" he got.  We had a boat load of little boys here and they made good use of the new swimming pool and the slip 'n slide.  He was overly excited for presents, like any child would be, and yelled across the yard to his guests, "Everyone, come give me presents now!"  One of his favorite gifts was an old tennis ball and a plastic baseball bat that a neighbor found in a ditch.  Just goes to show ya that kids are easily pleased.  I love and envy the simplicity and excitement of my children.  I am exhausted but glad to say that I too survived the party.  Thank you, sis, for the Diet Coke.  It made the heat and somewhat organized chaos today much more bearable.  I am also proud to say that there were no tears shed at the party today.  It was touch 'n go for a while thanks to the ginormous zit on my forehead.  But all in all it was a happy day.  I love you, my little man.


3 comments:

Tris said...

I so wanted to take my finger and push hard on that zit but I didn't cause I thought it might hurt! :)And a Diet Coke saves the day always!

The Garners said...

Look, I'm guessing you were a little too young to partake of my backyard swimming pool lessons as a kid. I'm pretty sure Meghan and Tristin were grateful recipients of my aquatic knowledge. So, just 'cause I'm that kind of gal...I'll offer to come give you swimming lessons in that pool.

Your welcome.

Foy Family said...

Looks like a fun day. Way to go mama!