Friday, July 16, 2010

Alien Toe

I have an alien toe!  It's straight out of ET.  It looks just like his finger.  And who or what is to blame for this atrocity?  Running!  That's right!  Running!  Ever since I started training for that wicked relay race months ago, my second toe on my right foot has gradually declined in health.  First it started hurting.  Then the toenail turned black.  Then the toenail started coming off.  I loved it and cared for it and painted it hoping that it would look as beautiful as my other toes.  But the fate of my little toenail was inevitable.  Last night we parted ways and I wrapped my alien toe in Band-aids to hide the hideousness.  

This morning the kids and I were wrestling.  I accidentally scratched Gracie with my alien toe Band-aid.  She asked, "What happened to your toe?"  I told her about my toenail falling off and she exclaimed, "Let me see it!"  I reluctantly took of the Band-aid to reveal the deformity.  The kids were mortified.  They wanted to touch it but didn't dare.  They wanted to stare at it but didn't dare.  In fact, they were so grossed out by it that I started chasing them with it.  They squealed and screamed and ran.  I thought it was funny.  Maybe a little twisted, but funny.

Not long after the alien toe was revealed the kids started whining and fighting.  I told them that each time they whined they owed me a nickel.  They didn't like that idea.  So I tweaked it.  The new rule of the day is that each time the kids whine or fight they have to kiss the toe. 

It has been a very peaceful day.     

1 comment:

KarKar said...

That's grossly cute! Hehe!

KarKar