Don't let the title of my blog scare you. This is my journal of thoughts, questions and everyday experiences. It has nothing to do with squeaky poo. I am the 33-year-old stay-at-home mother of five little monkeys who I think are amazing and hilarious. My life is a Grab Bag of entertainment. Not even I know what I'm gonna get. It's just a matter of realizing that often the difficult times are also the funniest and most entertaining. So bring on the squeaky poo!
Friday, January 6, 2023
When I'm Mad At Brian
Brian and I were folding clothes last night and I noticed he was folding things that were inside-out. I asked him, "Doesn't it bug you to have clothes folded inside-out?" He replied, "Yes, but I've just gotten so used to it over the years that I don't care anymore." I laughed and said, "I only folded your clothes inside out when I was mad at you." He started laughing. Then he laughed harder.
It's true. When I'm upset with him I rebel in childish ways and have done so for more than twenty years. When I'm really mad at him and I'm not in the middle of doing laundry, I spit my toothpaste in the bathroom sink and don't rinse it out. That really irritates him. And just for fun if I want to get under his skin, I'll talk to him while I'm brushing my teeth. He hates that!
I know I'm not a ray of sunshine all the time. I can't imagine the patience it takes to put up with my kind of crazy and I know that the "hot to crazy ratio" is all out of sorts. (That's a real thing, by the way.) But sometimes it's hard living with people! I have concluded, that if spitting in the sink and folding his clothes half-ass is my only rebellion, I think we're doing alright, and alright is good enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment