Don't let the title of my blog scare you. This is my journal of thoughts, questions and everyday experiences. It has nothing to do with squeaky poo. I am the 33-year-old stay-at-home mother of five little monkeys who I think are amazing and hilarious. My life is a Grab Bag of entertainment. Not even I know what I'm gonna get. It's just a matter of realizing that often the difficult times are also the funniest and most entertaining. So bring on the squeaky poo!
Friday, January 6, 2023
I Forgot to Take My Kid to School
I forgot to take my kid to school yesterday. I truly forgot.
I got out of bed around 7:00 am, showered, got ready, and headed out the door by 8:00 am. I made my regular stop at Maverik to get my Dew and Twix for breakfast, then I drove to work.
I was listening to my Audible book, (Atomic Habits by James Clear), eating my breakfast, and enjoying the ride. It was a typical morning. As I pulled into the parking lot of work, something clicked in my brain.
Emmy has school. Emmy is home asleep in bed and is supposed to be at school in 30 minutes. WTH?! Are you freaking kidding me?! How did I forget that?
I immediately turned around and headed 20 minutes back to the house where, sure enough, she was snuggled in bed. I woke her up and told her she needed to hurry and get up so she wouldn't be late for school. She asked why, so I explained that I had forgotten to take her to school, to which she replied, "You forgot me?!" Yes, yes I did.
How did I do that? What is physically wrong with my brain that something so routine, so huge, so habitual slipped my mind? Either way, it was mom for the win. Not only did Emmy make it school on time, she made it there five minutes earlier than she had been the day before!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment