Don't let the title of my blog scare you. This is my journal of thoughts, questions and everyday experiences. It has nothing to do with squeaky poo. I am the 33-year-old stay-at-home mother of five little monkeys who I think are amazing and hilarious. My life is a Grab Bag of entertainment. Not even I know what I'm gonna get. It's just a matter of realizing that often the difficult times are also the funniest and most entertaining. So bring on the squeaky poo!
Friday, January 6, 2023
Mikey
A few years ago Brian and I decided that we needed to create some extra memories before the kids grew up and started leaving home, so naturally, we got a pig. A baby potbelly pig on Christmas morning is not something easily forgotten. Brooks was the lucky recipient of the pet and without hesitation, Brooks named him Mikey.
Mikey was by far the most brilliant pet we've ever had. He was potty trained within 24 hours. He was clean, he was funny, and he was clever. But one thing Mikey was not was little, at least for long. He grew into a good-sized pig with tusks, a mohawk, and appropriately, a potbelly. I swear the only thing that never grew were his legs. He was so top-heavy it seemed scientifically wrong. Above all things Mikey loved food and his belly scratched. If you scratched him just right he would literally fall over.
Brooks was Mikey's master and everyone knew it. He obeyed Brooks and was quick to
respond when he heard Brooks call. One thing he didn't like was our dog, B, a schnorkie who loved to get in his face and taunt him. Mikey would normally ignore her but B was persistent. On one occasion, Mikey must've had enough of B so he laid down and played dead. B sniffed and prodded him but he didn't move. After a short time, B lost interest and ran off. As soon as Mikey noticed she was gone he got up and continued eating. Play dead = annoying dog leaves. Genius!
Mikey went on to bigger and better things last week. New home, new family, new adventure. We aren't sad. We are relieved that we won't have a pig for thirty years. (Who knew that pigs live for 30 years?!) We are grateful for the memories we made and hope that the kids will look back on their childhood someday and realize that having weird parents isn't all bad. I mean, who else gets a pig for Christmas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment