Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Stirrups

Definition:
stir-rup
-noun
1.  a loop, ring, or other contrivance of metal, wood, eather, etc., suspended from the saddle of a horse to support the rider's foot.
2. a. a strap of fabric or elastic at the bottom of a pair of pants, worn around and under the foot.
    b. stirrups, (used with a plural verb) close-fitting knit pants with such straps.
3. the worst part about visiting the gynecologist.

Can you tell I had to have a physical yesterday with my OBGYN?  Seriously?  Stirrups?  Shouldn't they have been banned from the doctor's office back in 1985 when they were banned from every wardrobe in America?  I guarantee that as soon as you strip a man naked, have him lay on a cold paper-covered table with his feet up in stirrups, shine a snake light on his undercarriage and do a full oil lube, stirrups would officially be extinct.  Bless you women everywhere.  I dedicate this post to you. 

4 comments:

Courtney said...

So.....how may weeks are you? 8? 12?

EMILY said...

LOL!!! You wish, Court!!! You know there are no babies on the way for the Rigbys. Don't start rumors.

Tris said...

Courtney....you are freakin' hilarious! That was dang funny! I get to saddle up on Wednesday. Lucky me! :)

Klair said...

I refer to the entire experience as, "being a cowgirl".