I need a pedicure. Spring is officially here and my feet are looking and feeling sad. How sad you ask? Well, when you get into bed at night and your feet stick to the sheets like velcro, it's time for a pedicure. That's where I am. Velcro. And let me apologize for the mental image that may bring to your minds. It's not pretty. But let's be honest that it is reality.
I don't get pedicures very often. I'm too cheap to pay for them. In my 30 years of life I can count on one hand how many I've had professionally done. But let me tell you about my favorite experience. I went into a mass pedicure shop that had at least 20 chairs lining the wall. I was pleasantly greeted by a heavy set Asian gentleman who's fingernails were clearly too long for any human being. He was kind and funny and we chatted as he cleaned and rubbed my feet. Soon he fired up the electric sander and the filing of dry skin began. (Okay, so there was no sander involved but it may have been both beneficial and time saving for all involved). I felt like a new woman. My feet were so soft. I strutted through the salon modeling my gorgeous disposible flip-flops that he had given me and met that funny little Asian man at the cashier. He added up my expenses and as I fumbled through my wallet to pay him he exclaimed with a huge smile, "You walk outta here ten pound lighta! So much skin!"
Would you like to lose a few pounds after a long winter? Would you like to de-velcro your feet? Go get a pedicure and kill two birds with one stone. Soft feet and weight loss in one stop shopping. Trust me. You won't be sorry. And if all else fails, your feet will look and feel fabulous.
You're welcome.
2 comments:
Sick! I hate feet and the mental picture of yours. Actually I'm sure mine look very similar. I would love to loose 10 lbs. I guess it's time to hit the beauty salon for a pedicure.
Hello? Why didn't I know about this blog? I'm tellin 'ya....I got into bed last night and the lack of the velcro effect almost brought a tear to my eye! A good welcome spring pedicure is now going to be a tradition. Oh, and I also have learned that ONLY Asian pedis are worth paying for. If you see whities manning the spas....run for the hills! Probably you 2 sisters ought to head to the SLC for a shopping trip and pedicure with 'lil 'ol me. It would be divine!
Post a Comment