Friday, March 19, 2010

How Many?

Q: How many days does it take to clean the bedroom of an 8-year-old pack rat & a 7- year-old free spirit?
A: Approximately two days.  It could be done in less with the absence of 4 children running around the house, a phone ringing, unexpected visitors, other chores such as laundry and dishes, a Mt. Dew run and the constant comforting of the "pack rat" who can't bear to part with anything. 

Q: How many garbage bags does it take to clean out the bedroom of an 8-year-old pack rat & a 7-year-old free spirit?
A:  Depends who you ask.  If you ask the residents of the bedroom they will say 2.  If you ask the mother who secretly did most of the cleaning while the children were at school, she will say 5. 

Q: How many Pixos does it take to break a vacuum?
A: Not sure yet.  Between what was hidden in drawers and the carpet, I'm estimating that we sucked up 3000 Pixo balls yesterday and the vacuum is still going strong.  (3000 might be slightly exaggerated but there were really a lot!)


Q: How many snack breaks are needed while cleaning the bedroom of two little girls?
A: Zero.  Between the bubble gum found under the bed and the saltine cracker behind the desk, no break was needed.

3 comments:

Foy Family said...

Who was the ad wizard who came up with Pixos?!

EMILY said...

LOL! I love you, AF!

Tris said...

Once again I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to watch the cleaning of "the bedroom." I bet it would have been very comical!