Monday, March 15, 2010

Lookin' Good

I'm a stay-at-home mom.  I don't get ready everyday.  Sometimes I like to hang out in my pjs all day long.  I mean, what's the point of getting all dolled up if no one will even see you?  My kids and husband have to love me no matter what I look like, so I deserve a day off every now and then.  Right?  Well the part about that whole theory that really sucks is that it is only on those days that someone knocks on my door.  It can be a friend, family member or salesman, but they always seem to catch me sporting my "white trash" finest.  Not long ago I was looking particularly smashing with greasy hair and a mismatched outfit, that even I was embarrassed of, when a male neighbor knocked on the door.  I answered it without thinking, but realized my mistake when I saw his expression.  He looked me up and down with a look of confusion and said, "Lookin good," in a very sarcastic voice.  I laughed and didn't think much about it until after he left and I looked in the mirror.  Wow!  So the next day I did my hair and makeup and dressed in an outfit that was way too cute to waste on housework.  I even shaved my legs.  I was bound and determined to look my best for whomever that lucky person was that would show up on my doorstep.  But did anyone show up that day?  Nope.  Go figure.  So here I sit typing today still in my pajamas.  I haven't brushed my teeth.  My hair needs to be washed.  And I'm pretty sure that I can smell myself (even though I've been blaming it on my kids all morning).  Hmmmmmm.....what to do....

Oh crap!  Someone's knocking on the door.  Later.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

funny that you posted that. Just 2 minutes ago I was debating whether or not to shower today. Wondering if I rubbed on a little deodorant, sprayed some perfume, and combed my hair right to hide the greasy, if I could get away with it. It is 3:00, no bra, still in pajamas. I was wondering if every housewife did the same thing. I will wonder no more. Now I know at least 1 housewife does the same thing. I mean, why wear uncomfortable jeans around the house when you are just cleaning, playing with kids, cooking, and blogging, right? Love you to death.

Stacy said...

I'm jealous you and Courtney can get away with that joyful life. You're the kind of girls that actually look cute in sweats with messy hair. You both look 20 times better than me when you're "grungy" and I'm best-dressed. How sad for me! I worry my husband is gonna leave me every time I'm too busy with work to get out of my PJs. :(

EMILY said...

Stacy, that is ridiculous. There is no way on earth that I look better than you on my off days. In fact, I'm pretty sure that when I don't get ready I could be mistaken for a washed up 80's male rock star. How do you like that mental image?

Foy Family said...

Oh ER, I love you. You're exactly right about this. Maybe someday it'll make sense to be "cute".

Tris said...

And Stac, here's a little something to make you feel better about yourself. I look like a lesbian practically everyday because that is how often I DON'T get ready. I consider myself the "Butch" in the relationship.