Who knew that underwear could create such drama? Especially to a 5-year-old boy. Crazy. But this sweet handsome little boy is one in a million and very particular about his undies. A couple of months ago he was introduced to boxers after 3 years of wearing briefs and boxer briefs. He was instantly in love....until yesterday. We have finally started feeling the summer heat here at our house. And to add to that heat this little man is playing t-ball which is a full hour out in the hot sun. I had noticed that he had been fidgeting down in that area lately and couldn't figure out what the sudden relapse of fascination with the family jewels was. I thought he had grown out of that. Then my husband put 1 and 1 and 1 together. Boxers + Heat + Sweat = "Bat Wings". (Embarrassing as it is for you I pride myself on using proper terminology. However I will not elaborate. You're on your own.) I asked my little boy if he was having trouble "down there" because of the heat and the boxers. He said, "Yea. Can I start wearing regular underwear again sometimes?" And so it was back to tighty whiteys. This fashion statement must be something similar to "not wearing white after Labor Day" but instead it is something to the effect of "not wearing boxers in the summer". Not really sure. But for those of you that have boys, if you have not yet encountered this problem, you most likely will. Good luck and God speed. It is something that I will never personally understand and I am indeed grateful.
PS--Baby powder. Nuff said.


1 comment:
I had no idea. And feel well informed. Thank you so much.
Post a Comment