Ya know what this is? This is the "hell on earth" part of making my bed and yet the "little piece of heaven" part of sleeping in my bed. Let me explain.
This is duvet. (I like to pronounce it how it's spelled because I think it makes more sense.) So here is doo-vet. It is warm and soft and I love to snuggle it during the night. In fact, my husband is jealous of doo-vet because it gets more action than he does. (Not in a weird way.) But every once in a while, like a good relationship, doo-vet and I have a little argument. Why? Because when I wash the sheets and remake the bed, I also feel obligated to wash the doo-vet cover, which means that after washing it I must replace the cover which is where the "hell on earth" part of my doo-vet comes into play.
Have you ever tried to put a pillowcase on a really difficult pillow? Multiply that by 10. Recovering the doo-vet with the doo-vet cover turns into 15 minutes of simulated alligator wrestling with a ginormous difficult pillow. Sometimes I get so frustrated with my doo-vet that I swear. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I yell, "WTF!" At that point I decide that dealing with stains on my doo-vet is better than trying to cover it with an extremely fashionable doo-vet cover. Am I alone in this problem? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

4 comments:
I think your pronounciation of said Duvet refers to your last post titled "Whi Rash". Was that too harsh? Did I cross the line again? Fair Enough.
DI-TTO!
Lol! I love that I'm part whi-rash! No offense taken.
I feel ya... putting the doo-vet cover back on and changing sheets on a crib...they're both equal bitches to me. But my husband is so much better at it then I am...at least that's what I say :)
Kar
Post a Comment