School is out. The kids are home. Summer is here. This was the time of year I use to anticipate. Late nights. Sleeping in. Parties. Holla! So why is it that I'm dealing with fighting, whining, boredom, excessive energy and drama multiplied by four little people? When did summer get so difficult? I think it was about 4 children ago. I love my four little monkeys. They are hilarious, smart and cute as buttons. So why, oh why do they have to fight and whine so much? Boredom? Well then, job charts it is! Work is good. Work is healthy. Work is entertainment. Work is my solution. So I sat my butt in front of the computer and whipped up a few job charts. Perfect. Game on. These are some of their jobs.
Everyday Jobs for Everyone:
make bed, clean room, get dressed, comb hair, brush teeth, practice piano, read
Weekly jobs:
Paige (9-years-old)- dishes
Gracie (7-years-old)- feed dog/clean up dog poop (this is my favorite to watch)
Brooks (5-years-old)- empty garbage/sweep porch
Cort (4-years-old)- vacuum
Let me just say that my little ones started their job charts last week and each tried hard and did wonderfully. However, I have learned that it will no longer be acceptable to allow Cort to vacuum. Rather than vacuuming the carpet he discovered the suctioning entertainment of the vacuum hose on various body parts. No worries. It was nothing X-rated. But had I not discovered his new hobby sooner he would have been covered in large perfectly circular hickeys. What was that I said earlier? "Work is entertainment." Yes, it is definitely that, especially for my 4-year-old. Bring on the summer!
3 comments:
How did sweet little Gracie get in charge of the dog?
Seriously. Our job chart is sitting in the kitchen ready to be assembled. On the first day...whining? REALLY? What is the matter with these children? Can't they start a mall in the field next door and charge $10 for an old broken curling iron? Or offer fake swimming lessons to neighborhood children? I mean, really.
I'd like you to video Gracie doing her chore.
The chores start Monday at the Fullmer house. I cannot wait until they get to start wiping up their own pee from the bathroom floor & toilet. I'm betting their aim gets a whole lot better real fast!
Post a Comment