Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Skinny vs Pegged

Skinny Jeans:

"Slim-fit pants or skinny jeans have a snug fit through the legs and end in a small leg opening that can be anywhere from 9" to 20" depending on size. Other names for this style include drainpipes, stovepipes, cigarette pants, pencil pants, skinny pants or skinnies." (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

PS--I like "drainpipes" or "skinnies" better than "skinny jeans".  Let's mix it up a little this go 'round.

Pegged Pants:

"Tight rolled pants was a fad of the 1980s and early 1990s in which girls and boys would tight-roll the bottoms of their jeans or any pants that they wore. On full length pants tight rolling is performed by taking up the slack around the ankles at the hem of the pants, folding the extra material over and then rolling upwards 2 or 3 times over. A proper tight-roll should have the extra material folded inward across the lower shin. The use of safety pins was key to a good roll, but to the experienced tight roller they can be achieved without them." (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

First and foremost, I am an "experienced tight roller" and I do not use a safety pin.  Holla!

Which trend do you find more rad?
Skinny or Pegged?
Please vote to your left.

2 comments:

Jordan and Amy Kite said...

emily emily emily, so funny. I hope your race ended good. I haven't had a chance to chat about it.
Hope you have had a little time to yourself, but probably not!
:)

The Garners said...

If pegged jeans are coming back, I'm gonna have to more seriously consider becoming out of "style." I just don't think I can do it a second time around. I have, however, relented to the skinny jean thing. Just because.

And I too can peg without a safety pin. Who uses a safety pin anyway? I would totally beat up a safety pin user. That's just lame!