Thursday, June 10, 2010

And the Winner Is...

I was standing in the kitchen this morning looking at all the crumbs and garbage on the floor (most likely remnants of breakfast prepared by the boys yesterday) and asked, "Who's job is it to vacuum this week?" 

Paige: "Mine." 

Me: "Why didn't you vacuum yesterday?" 

Paige: "I did." 

I rolled my eyes and looked around at the awesome retro carpeted floor of our kitchen and said, "Come on, Paige.  Look at all the food on the floor.  There's no way you did your job good." 

Paige: "You never said we had to do our jobs 'good'." (snap, snap!)

Touche.  

Paige wins.

Lesson learned: be more specific

2 comments:

ellie g said...

That child is brilliant! She's going to give you a run for your money....no really, I bet she takes of running....with your money. I like her!

Tris said...

Ask Lara about how well she vacuums when her mom used to tell her too. She thought she was just as clever as Paige. And BTW, that sounds like a Gracie answer not a Paige answer. Uh-oh! Watch out!