Monday, October 18, 2010

Why My Hubby Thinks I'm Weird - Part 1 - The Proposal

My Mr. Handsome and I just celebrated our 11th anniversary over the weekend.  I know...I know.  Pretty rad.  (applause)  In honor of the past 11 bestest years of my life, I'm starting a blog collection called, "Why My Husband Thinks I'm Weird".  Last week as Handsome and I were talking he was reminiscing about some things that I had done that either embarrassed him or he found odd.  I was laughing out loud listening to some of the things that I had long forgotten and still find totally appropriate.  I, however, have obviously scarred him.  Some might be normal occurrences for you as you read them.  Some might be as weird as my husband claims they are.  Some might make you think less of me.  But the past is the past and I am who I am.  So if nothing else, hopefully you can laugh at my expense and realize how truly amazing my Handsome is for putting up with my crap. 

The Proposal
Handsome and I had been dating for a few months and were driving up the canyon on a date.  No.  We weren't going parking.  Rumor had it that there were some waterfalls that we had yet to see.  I had recently received a new camera for my birthday so I was pumped about using it.  As we bounced up the gravel canyon road we realized we would have to park and hike the rest of the way.  We walked a short distance before we found the small waterfall.  Handsome spotted a bench at the base of the waterfall headed in that direction.  I, in my happy-go-lucky fashion, started my photo shoot and slowly made my way up to the bench where Handsome was waiting for me.  As we sat there and talked, Handsome got down on one knee and pulled a ring box out of his pocket.  I was totally confused at this point because he had been very clear that if we were to get married it wouldn't be til the following year.  As he sweetly said his sh-pill and asked, "Will you marry me?", I looked at him and said (with a small pinch of attitude), "Are you serious?" (snap, snap....head bob)
Handsome and me after the proposal.
Check out my fleece.  Still have it.  In
fact I just wore it last week. Maybe I
shouldn't admit that.  Hmmmm.


Okay, so not your typical fairytale response to a proposal.  But it is what it is and we've been happily driving each other crazy for more than a decade.

2 comments:

KarKar said...

Part 2 better have a "burrito dance" cameo...cause I know he was slightly mortified with move....

Drapers said...

Congrats!!! That's a long time!
Hehehehe!!