Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why My Hubby is Embarrassed of Me - Part 2 - The Incident

The Incident

Shortly after Mr. Handsome and I were hitched we were driving out of town for an occasion of sorts.  We had stopped for gas before getting on the interstate in my very cute black Nissan Sentra.  I had just pulled out of the gas station and was waiting behind a man in his vehicle at a stop sign.  The gentleman in front of me started to go and then hesitated.  I followed his lead but didn't catch his hesitation in time.  I slowly bumped into the car in front of us.  Mr. Handsome was mortified and freaking out.  I shrugged my shoulders and said, "What's the big deal?  I barely touched him?"  We both got out of the car, as did the older fellow in the other car, took a quick look at both vehicles to find not even a scratch, and decided to go on our way.  No harm done.  Just a love tap.  I shrugged if off and considered it all good.  Handsome was seriously peeved at me, and the fact that I blew it all off after everything checked out just fueled the fire.  To this day he claims that we got in an accident.  I argue that it was more of an incident.  Huge difference.  A love tap can in no way be categorized as an accident.  And that's just what it was.  A love tap.  It's also funny to me that after all these years "the incident" was one of the top on his list of what I've done that embarrassed him.  He's such a funny man.  God bless the Sentra.

1 comment:

Blake and Lacy said...

I'm honestly surprised this "incident" made the list....especially when I'm sure there are plenty of other inappropriate and embarrassing memories to choose from :o)