Monday, October 11, 2010

The Dog Formerly Known As Tucker

This is our new puppy.  His name is Bodie, or Bo for short.  Our dog, Kai is nearly 11 years old, has a broken foot and a torn ACL.  So for years my husband has dreamed of getting a new dog in hopes of getting one and having it trained before Kai passes away.  As he has looked at dogs and talked about dogs for all this time, he and little Ranger have been set on the name Tucker.  I'm a realist.  So in my realistic brain, all I can imagine is Mr. Handsome and the boys out hunting birds with Tucker and getting mad.  Really mad.  Mad at what?  Doesn't matter.  Mad at each other....mad at the birds....mad at the dog.  Either way, when emotions are running high and you're yelling at everyone and everything, chances are you're gonna slip and say some things you shouldn't.  Mistaking the dog's name for another word isn't a risk worth taking.  The last thing I need my boys to learn is "that word" and come home using it by mistake while playing with Tucker.  On top of that analytical assumption, the other kids have been getting used to the name Tucker.  Lil' G started going through the alphabet last night trying to find other words that rhyme with Tucker.  Not good.  That's just as deadly as playing the Name Game and singing, "Tucker, Tucker bo bucker...."

Needless to say, I trumped the kids and Handsome and we settled for the other favorite name, Bo.  As for middle names, Ranger is rooting for Bear.  Bodie Bear.  Hmmmmm....I think this actually might work.

1 comment:

mic_comte said...

Here is some help top choose a good dog name:
Dogs names