Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where I've Been

Did you miss me?  I've been busy with the little ones.  We took a three week staycation to Uglyville.  Right before school started we caught an awful case of the Uglies.  It made the rounds between all the kiddos.  But after a lot of Ugliness, a lot of Clorox wipes, a lot of caffeine, a lot of laundry, and a lot of Tylenol our immunities were satisfied with their workout and decided to give a final farewell to the Uglies.  Until next time Mr. and Mrs.  Ugly.  And yes, I would marry you if I could, Clorox wipes.  You make my heart skip a beat.  Especially at 2 AM when someone throws up but forgets to lift the toilet seat. 

With school in session and the weather cooling down I can also say that my gardening and canning are bye-bye till next year.  With our first pick of corn we had our annual Corn Feast complete with our corn table cloth which my MIL so graciously bought me years ago at an Amish fabric store.  It's slightly pathetic how excited the kids get when I pull out the infamous table cloth.  It makes a simple dinner quirky & exciting.


The other night I hosted Book Club at my house.  "These Is My Words" by Nancy Turner is my fav book as of now.  It's magic.  To top off a fabulous Book Club I served Mini Molten Chocolate Cakes with Sugar-Coated Raspberries.  The recipe will be posted shortly.  They really are delish and such a nice change.  Did I mention that after my guests left I ate all the leftovers?  But after cake #4 I threw in the towel.  Don't judge.  

Also, let me just say, "Hi.  My name is Emily, and I'm a Dew-aholic." 

And last but not least, I have so many zits right now that I'm confident that if you squeezed my shoulders my entire face would explode.  What?  That was disgusting and inappropriate?  Well, at least you don't have to look at it everyday.  I feel like a ProActive commercial waiting to happen.  Move over, Julianne Hough and Jessica Simpson.  There's a new acne girl in town!



3 comments:

Klair said...

I missed you....true story.

Tris said...

I ditto Klair. I've missed you too and have checked your blog daily patiently waiting for an update. So worth the wait and oh so funny! ('Cept the part about squeezing your shoulders and your head popping off! Kinda icky and doesn't paint a pretty mental image.)

Anonymous said...

Emily, this is Jenn Eck (now known as Craw) and I found you through a series of blog hops and have been blog stalking you for a few weeks. I had no idea you were such a fabulous writer! I'm addicted!

Anywho, the reason I finally decided to make my presence known to you is that I am also campaigning for the ProActive poster girl part - or at least my face is trying to. When I hit 30 my face took the "I'm aging backwards" thing a bit too literally, and I think I'm resembling my 16 year old self a bit more than I'd like! (Now, if my figure was more like my 16 year old self...Sweet!) ;) Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. Must be the age! I'm impressed you leave the house - I'm cringing at the very thought of someone seeing me today with my 3rd (and 4th, and 5th!) eye! =D

Sorry to leave you a novel - if you want to check in on our little acre of crazy, our blog is www.craworama.blogspot.com