Friday, September 17, 2010

Time I'll Never Get Back

I could accomplish so much more in a day if I didn't find ways to waste my time.  Sometimes I justify what would be called "wasted time" because I'm spending that time with my kids.  Any time with the monkies can't be considered wasted.  I might not be cooking.  I might not be cleaning.  I might not be playing Uno or helping with homework, but I'm snuggled with them watching a movie.  That's not the part that I consider wasted.  Yesterday, for the 500th time, I lost a small portion of my life watching High School Musical 2.  Don't get me wrong.  I can see the entertainment and fun behind all three HSM movies.  But, oh, for the love, Sharpay!  Just shoot me now!  And please bless that I will never in my life have to associate with a real live person who acts like that character! 

Gabriella, you're a pretty girl but not a very good actress.  Sorry.  I just call it like I see it. 

Troy, pull your pants up.  After you're done rolling around on the piano while singing to Gabriella, my daughter wants nothing more than to giggle at your undies.  I know you didn't show off your boxers intentionally, but it has really made for some interesting conversations between the monkies. 

And weird guy by the pool who got promoted from "Sharpay duty", where do I begin?  How much did they pay you to participate in the dance on the lounge chairs with the over sized pink fluffy balls?  That is something that you really should have reconsidered.  It's weird!  Especially for a guy.  What part of pointed toes, kicking legs, and pink fluffy balls sounded "cool" or "masculine" to you?

Nope.  I didn't make dinner last night.  We had toast.  Yes, homework got finished.  Yes, the kids all had baths.  No, the house was not clean and yes, there was a sink full of dirty dishes when we went to bed.  But before all of those things did or did not happen, I was privileged enough to suffer through one more day of HSM2 with my monkies.  Approximately 111 minutes of song and dance and nails on chalkboard fun. 

No comments: