Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dew Diaries 3

Sunday

No Dew today.  (clap, clap, clap)  Well done, Me.

Monday

Went and picked apples with Sister and Mom.  I love that at 30 I still feel young enough to climb trees and reach for those big juicy apples that are out of my reach.  So fun and luckily there was no falling.  As we picked apples I declared that I was off of pop.  No more soda for me.  Sister says I'm crazy.  Either way, I stuck to my guns even when Mom and Sister made plans to hit Sonic for an ice cold drink.  Yeah, Me.  Another Dewless day under my belt.

Tuesday

After breakfast I got most of the kids off to school.  Hall Monitor and I went up to the University to meet with a team of therapists to discuss her bad and extremely finicky eating habits.  Ranger came along with us and watched and listened nearly bored out of his mind.  It was a great meeting and we learned and accomplished a lot.  Hall Monitor was very proud of herself and tasted turkey and Mac 'n Cheese for the first time.  We were all so proud.  On our way home from the University we stopped at a grocery store to buy something new for Ms. Hall Monitor to try for lunch.  After making our rounds up and down the grocery aisles we found ourselves at the ever so common dead end of, "I'm not ready to try that.  But look!  The Doritos are on sale!"  So frustrating for me as a parent.  How do people manage?  After so much progress I just wanna scream.  But no, I will refrain.  I'll find another way to cope. 

Oops!  How did this large Mt. Dew end up in my hand?  Why is it following me to my car and getting all cozy in my cup holder?  Crazy!  Oh well.  Delicious non the less.  And since I pride myself on not being wasteful.....

Wednesday

Woke up with good intentions of sticking to my Crystal Light.  It's good stuff and can't be nearly as bad for me as soda.  Now I've just gotta get some chores done.  My girlfriend, Crystal, can help me through.  That's what friends are for, right?  Oh wait.  Chore #1.....Pay bills.  Oh well.  It's all good.  That's why Bill Pay is so magical.  What the....?  Things aren't balancing quite like I had planned!!!  Not good!  Not good at all!  WTH, Bill Pay!  You're obviously not magical enough to fix my problem.  Ba-bye!  And as for you, Crystal, don't let the door hit ya in the butt.  I feel my Stress-O-Meter rising.  Healthy just aint cuttin' it.  These crazy economic times are hard on the wallet and even harder on the Dew-diction.  Maybe tomorrow.

PS--Whoever's idea it was to fill the punch bowl with Halloween candy, know that you're seriously contributing to my problem.  Thanks for nuthin'.

2 comments:

Foy Family said...

You are magical Rigby...and funny too. I can't maintain a healthy lifestyle through these shakey economic times. I just say that when life settles down I'll take up being healthy then. Until then..gulpin' the DC (athough I do prefer Diet Pepsi).

Tris said...

You forgot to mention that you looked like Brett Michaels while apple pickin'. You thought you were smart 'cause it kept the leaves and apple pieces out of your hair. Not so smart when the lady next door started whistling and singing "Talk Dirty to Me." Awkward!