I was walking down the hall yesterday at church. A man was walking toward me. This was our conversation.
Man: "Hi."
Me: "Good."
What the? I guess I was anticipating him asking me, "How are you?" It was somewhat of an awkward conversation until we both busted up laughing and continued to make fun of my unusual response for a few minutes. I'm sure everytime I see this gentleman in the future it will be an ongoing joke. Besides, maybe I was really having a good day and wanted everyone to know it. Who cares if anyone asked me. As long as someone acknowledged my existence they were going to hear that I was "good". And next time somebody says "Hi" to me I might shout "Fantastic!" or "Excellent!" Ya never know what you're gonna get with me. I like to keep it that way. Always a surprise. Mix it up. Keep everyone on their toes.
But seriously.....I hate it when that happens. It's as if my brain has a temporary malfunction. Wait a minute....some would argue that my brain always has a short circuit and that no malfunction is temporary. Hahahaha....very funny (said sarcastically). Unfortunately I have been known to mix up my words often. One time I tried to explain to my sister why I don't shop at a particular store. I said, "I don't go in there because I don't have money so it would just be like dangling a horse in front of a carrot!" Those darn horses dangling in front of a carrot! Hate it when that happens! Too bad it was suppose to come out, "dangling a carrot in front of a horse". On a separate occasion I was at the doctor's office getting a check-up. The nurse was checking my weight and admiring my jewelry. She asked where I had gotten it to which I exclaimed, "My husband gave it to me for Christmas! Every year he stocks my stuffing!" Whoa! Too much information!
Can I blame part of my stupidity on four pregnancies? I swear that with each child I carried I became dumber. Is that possible? Either way, I don't like to dangle horses in front of carrots, I love it when my husband stocks my stuffing and "good".
4 comments:
It happens to everyone...this morning I was talking to a lady who works for a contractor and was helping her with a question. At the end of the conversation, I said, "Well, have a good one." She said, "Thanks" and my response was "You too." What? Yup, good thing I've never met her and probably will never get that opportunity :)
I liked the time you were trying to round up the kids and get them in the van and you shouted, "Go get in the bath tub!"
Take luck!
This is great....... I have done the same thing.. Funny how our minds work at times.
Post a Comment