Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Crow Sandwich with a Side Dish of Crow

There are some things that I never thought I would shop for, buy, or ever do in all my life.  In fact, I may or may not have sworn publicly to some of those things I would never do.  For one I swore I would never let myself go after having children.  Oops.  I also promised that I would never wear mom jeans or embarrass my monkies.  But when mowing the lawn or on laundry days....ya know....and sometimes the embarrassing just comes so naturally.  I'm pretty sure I vowed to never hide Kleenex in my sleeve, sock, or bra.  Now I never leave the house without a couple stashed somewhere.  I know I never intended to drive a mini van.  But they're so practical.  I just can't say enough about those door buttons!  I remember making a secret pact that when I was a parent I would never yell demands and orders and then reply after being asked "why?" with a stern, hands on hips "because I said so, that's why".  Wow.  I swore that my children would never have snot running down their faces, messy hair, mismatched clothes, and they would never pick their nose and never ever eat it.  Yup.  You go naive super mom!  In what world does that happen?  I was confident when I saw a screaming child rolling on the floor at the grocery store that, "my child will never act like that".  But then again, after all that "cross my heart and hope to die" crap and then the loads of crow that I've eaten since, it shouldn't have shocked me when I found myself at Pet Smart on aisle 5 eating a super sized helping of delicious crow while pondering the pros and cons of different doggy diapers. 


It's just so unnatural.

But, mmmmmm, this crow is so tastey.  It tastes a lot like the crow I ate when I swore we wouldn't get another dog and then when we did I refused to take care of it.

Mmmmmm...another helping please.  Soooo good.

And I will never say never again.

(Wait a minute....)

2 comments:

Blake and Lacy said...

Doggy diapers? Yeah, I'll never do that :) Love ya Emily, thanks for the laughs

Anonymous said...

Is the dog ok? is there something wrong with her?
And I agree I have ate my words more than I want to... But glad we are willing to admit be humble and move on..
Hey at least I can say my dad wore his sisters jeans to school, because they say his were not clean. LOL LOL Poor Daddy