Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Note to Self

Dear Self,

Applause on a wonderful run this morning!  Well done!  (clap, clap)  You really rocked that 2-mile stretch.  And, yes, I realize that when you exercise you feel better about yourself.  Thinner.  Better looking.  More tone.  Healthier.  Those are wonderful feelings that are encouraged and should be felt by women everywhere.  But as you walked past the mirror in those fitted blue work-out capris, I made an observation that you should be aware of.  Remember when you wore those same capris for the 8 hour ride home from Denver last year?  And remember those guys who were awfully friendly with you and C at the restaurant in Fort Collins?  Well, I'm pretty sure they weren't looking for a panty line.  They were most likely counting the dimples in your butt cheeks.  So, from one sista to another, whether you're feeling more in shape and toned after a nice morning run, you're not.  All that Easter candy ain't doing you any favors either.  Say ba-bye to the tight workout pants until further notice.  And shoot for 3 miles next time and continue with lunges.

Sincerely,
Me

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Em you are the woman, running in this crappy weather! What time do you go? I will go with you when it warms up and are we still on for the 1/2 marathon? Oh and I'm sure you're exaggerating those sexy tight pants. You look fabulous! Though I do know exactly how you feel ;)

KarKar said...

Your pants are a real bitch.. I'd get rid of them. They're just bringing you down because they are jealous.

You're HOT!!

Love
Kar

Anonymous said...

Emily you are an inspiration.. you are running that is enough to say YOU ROCK!. I am lucky if I get in my daily "Just Dance" game LOl