Lil G has taken over the menu board in the kitchen. As you can see our Sunday dinner was both fancy and delicious.
This morning the menu board read:
Pancakes
Eggs
Milk
Root Beer
To clarify my excellence as a parental guardian, the kids did choose and make their own Sunday dinner. And there was, in fact, root beer at the breakfast table this morning. It wasn't my doing. But I didn't argue.
My Lil G is a sassy spunky lil thing. I think I like her being in charge of the Menu board. And even though there is a Lil G induced headache at least weekly, she tells it how it is and makes us all laugh. While she and Hall Monitor were cleaning their room, Hall Monitor brought a school journal to my attention that I had never seen before. The cover had Lil G's name written on it. I thought, how cute to have this sweet illustrated journal of my 2nd grader. Love it! (said like Wheezy on Dragon Tales) Then I read what she had been writing to her teacher.
Yep! That's my girl! She has perfectly illustrated herself sitting on our red couch holding a book, but not reading it. And, yes, I'm pretty sure the words, "stop reading" have come out of my mouth before on more than one occasion.
So to lift the spirits of all you other women that feel like you're failing in the dark and dreary world of motherhood, I am an "anti-reading make your own dinner have root beer for breakfast" kind of gal.
You're welcome.

2 comments:
Those are the best kind of moms yo!!!!
Emily you are great! And I'm pretty sure you're kids are amazing as well, so you must be doing something right :o)
Post a Comment