Isn't this pretty?
Not so pretty when it's -5 degrees and you're scraping the windows of your mini van with a credit card. Why a credit card, you ask? Well, I do own a snow scraper. It sits beside me on a daily basis as we travel to and fro. But for those special occasions when Mother Nature doesn't want a thick coat of ice to be bothersome to us little people, that nasty thin coat of ice kicks my trash and just ruins my day. No ice scraper can compete with that frozen treat. The ice scraper only catches bits and pieces of it as it scrapes leaving lines in the ice. It just doesn't work. Well then, Smarty Pants, turn on your defrost! Is that what you're thinking now? (applause) Not only a genius idea but a no nonsense approach. Hold up. Small prob. My thermostat is out of comission which means no warm air. In fact, I'm doing cartwheels if I get any warm air at all. Scientific fact: cold air doesn't melt ice. Am I annoyed by this? Not so much anymore. Sadly, I'm kinda use to it. But I just keeping telling myself that Caroline Ingles had it worse. It softens the blow.
As much as winter drives me crazy on days of credit card ice scraping, frozen car doors and shuffling kids in and out of the driver's seat, and curtains frozen to the inside of the living room window, this picture really makes it worth it. That is, of course, as long as I'm sitting inside my house wrapped in a Snuggie and sipping hot cocoa. I love how every single little twig and branch is perfectly coated in white powder. Amazing! Do you sense my new attempt at optimism? It's on my list of resolutions. So here's to a new year of looking at the good. Laughing at the ugly. Surviving the bad. And enjoying the ride.
Happy New Year.
1 comment:
Way pretty picture.. I love to admire visions such as this from a far.. like far behind the door and in a chair with a smooshy robe and a cup of joe..
Total Polyanna moment of the day ~
Post a Comment