Saturday, January 8, 2011

Healthy Eating = Frequent Peeing

I've been participating in this healthy eating competition with some family and friends.  It's called the "Game On Diet".  You basically eat 5 small meals a day, drink TONS of water, exercise 20 minutes a day, cut out sugars and soda, and talk trash between teams.  Yes, we're on teams.  So if one person messes up, it effects the whole team.  Especially with the holidays just passing, it's nice to eat healthy and be more aware of what I'm shoving in my face.  I feel better when I eat right and eating every 2-4 hours makes sure I'm never really hungry.  But the water......Ahhhhhh!  Dreadful!

Whoever recommended that the human body should intake 2-3 liters of water on a daily basis was surely connected to a catheter.  Either that or he would have apologetically recanted.  I wake up.  I pee.  I eat breakfast.  I pee.  I sneeze.  I pee.  I do dishes.  I pee.  I blink.  I pee. 

Let me introduce you to something I heard about years ago on TV.  It's called the Stadium Pal.
This catheter was invented for hysterical sports fans.  The Stadium Pal straps to the lower leg, the tubing then fishing up the pant leg, remaining hidden from onlookers but creating instant bladder relief.  In turn, sports fans can drink all the beverages they please while watching their game of choice and never leave their seat to take a leak.  True story.  And yes, they really exist and one can be yours for the reasonable price of $29.95.  And, ladies, hold on to your seats.  They have a Stadium Gal as well.  I'm certain it would solve all of your post-birthing needs. 

I'm not gonna lie.  Drinking 3 liters of water is not my walk in the park.  I don't typically like water.  I don't normally drink that much water.  I like to mix it up with a little Diet Coke or Mt. Dew here, some Kool-aid there, a glass of milk, and maybe some water if I'm feeling especially parched.  But no, water is not my beverage of choice.  So for health reasons the Game On has been really good for me to help me break my bad drinking habits.  However, if you choose to increase your water intake whether for something such as the Game On Diet or because you're an obsessively over indulgent lazy sports fan, I would strongly recommend either staying close to a bathroom at all times, or researching the Stadium Pal. 

3 comments:

Foy Family said...

Way to go Rigby! I'm trying to drink a lot more water, but it's gross. And I tried jumping on the tramp the other day with the kids and totally peed my pants.

Stacy said...

So, I probably shouldn't let your team find out about that text you sent me this morning about eating a bowl full of brownie batter, eh? Hopefully none of them read your blog, or at least the comments!

Tris said...

Ha Ha Ha!!! Busted by Stacy cuz I read your blog. But really....I don't believe her! I think she's just trying to get you in trouble!