I have finally de-Christma-tized! (clap, clap, clap) Yes, the applause is necessary. And, yes, it is the end of January. Don't judge. For those of you who took your tree down and had a clean house by January 2nd, whatev's. By the time I realized it was January 12th and my house was still splattered with Ho-Ho-Ho and a giant artificial tree, I seriously considered leaving the tree up and competing with Grandma for the best Valentine's Day tree. But, no. Maybe next year. Anywho, here are a few of my un-decorating highlights.
#1 - Wrapping your artificial tree and storing it in one piece is by far the biggest bonus to having a fake tree. 85 circles around the tree with a roll of plastic wrap and snap! Done. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
#2 - My BFF Costco provided me with this 007 plastic wrap with which to wrap my artificial tree. This single roll has wrapped my tree with love and warmth for 3 years and it is still going strong. Check out that roll compared to a standard grocery store roll. It's huge! (he-he) Thank you Costco. Thank you for tasty samples, smashing prices, amazing bulk, delicious pretzels and incredible plastic wrap. I salute you.
#3 - Oh, Hoover, how would I survive de-Christma-tizing without you? Caroline Ingles has no idea what she's missing. Your vacuum bag holds enough cold cereal to feed my family for a week. And I'm certain you are holding enough pine needles internally to create a mini of our mama Christmas tree. Yes, I did in fact take a photo of a small portion of my dirty carpet. I'm not proud of it, but I'm not too proud to admit it.
#4 - One box of Christmas joy will no longer grace our home next holiday season. To those items cut from the team, the D.I. will love you. Here's to a job well done. (standing ovation)
#5 - Dust spray is magical. It's mind boggling how dirty and dusty an old white t-shirt can get in one post-holiday cleaning. (Yes, you heard me correctly. I do dust with old clothing. Questions? Comments?) And to think that not only is my wood furniture sparkling when I'm done polishing, but, why, with a lemon fresh scent, how can you go wrong?
#6 - Last, but certainly not least, Wendy, how I heart our emotional relationship. After lifting and cleaning and sweating and swearing and twirling and wrapping a 9-foot tree, you quenched my thirst in ways that words can not describe. And to think that a sandwich, fries and a drink are only $2.99! Unheard of! And may I say that your new sea salt seasoned fries are quite heavenly.
And that's how it's done, ladies. Mission De-Christma-tizing complete. Until next year.
3 comments:
Well done! Like a pro. I dust with my shirt to, but I'm usually still wearing it.
Don't old t-shirts make the best dust cloths, That's what I use too. I also have a box going to goodwill. Isn.t it great to downsize for the new stuuf you had to make room for?
I love you!
Post a Comment