Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Whi-Rash Workout


Whoosh!  I'm famished!  Hard work out this morning.  Ya see, I've been working out with my sister a few times a week in her home gym.  It's pretty rad.  We meet early in the morning at her house and go downstairs to her unfinished basement.  It's nothing fancy.  We just use what we have and dance our way 'round her storage.  We have designated areas for push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, running, pull-ups and squats (which the squat area is also used for burpees, double unders, and jumping jacks).  Today's routine was especially grueling.  I decided to go for the treadmill and Sister started her journey down what we like to call "lunge lane".  By the time she had made one pass down lunge lane I had plugged in the treadmill and was ready to go.  As I entertained the treadmill and she ruled the lane, we chatted and laughed and chatted some more.  After what seemed like forever I looked at the time and realized it was time for me to go home and get the kiddos ready for school.  I unplugged the treadmill and headed up the stairs.  Phew!  This osmosis exercise kicks my trash.  I never did turn the treadmill on after I plugged it in and even that 15 minutes of standing on it wore me right out.  I wonder if that's how karma works.  I thought about exercising while standing in place.  Thank you treadmill for reciprocating those feelings.  Well done today, Sister.  Until next time.

Why is this post considered Whi-Rash?  This diagram should explain.

No comments: