Friday, December 17, 2010

CAUTION! DO NOT MIX!

Sometimes two good things are even better when put together.  Diet Coke and pizza.  Ipod and running.  Amazon and free shipping.  Chocolate and cinnamon bears.  Chips and salsa.  Cheese and crackers.  Rain and a movie.  Grilled cheese and tomato soup.  Boogers and Kleenex.  Boys and Clorox wipes.  Music and dancing.  Dancing and me.     
However.....

 


Lip Smackers and dryers do not mix!  Both are good things.  Both are GREAT things.  Lip Smackers are a classic deliciousness for little girls and big girls the same.  A washer and dryer are somewhat magical except for the fact that they don't fold and put away the laundry after they clean it.  I'm not complaining.  It's still a far cry from a washboard and basin.  The problem is, the two joys of soft lips and dry clothes should not, under any circumstances, be put together.  If only my little darlings could understand that.  "Stop putting them in your pockets!!!"  I've made myself pretty clear if you ask me.  And then to add to that....

Yes.  Crayons and dryers.  Not good.  Not good at all.  One little blue crayon goes a long way when it melts.  Trust me.  Should you ever find yourself in such a predicament though, WD-40 is your new boyfriend.  He cleans crayon like nobody's business.  I huffed more than my share while de-blue-ing the inside of my dryer.  That was 8 years ago and I'm still buzzing.  But now our little family has evolved from Crayola to Lip Smackers.  Guess it comes with age.  I might as well embrace it.  I mean, there's nothing like sprucing up your wardrobe with a few grease spots. 
"No.  I'm not lactating.  It's a grease spot from chap stick.  Promise."

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Hey Emily, just wanted to let you know if you use Lestoil it will take your grease stains right out. It's amazing! I have searched all over Logan for it and the only place I found it was Ridley's in Hyrum. If you want to try it I have a huge bottle of it. (I'm in Hyrum and your welcome to use some!)
thalman102@hotmail.com or I'm on facebook

Jessie said...

haha I guess it doesn't really say who I am, and you probably would want to know, Jessie Robbins Thalman :)