Saturday, May 4, 2013

Think Before You Speak

As a parent, I am constantly putting my foot in my mouth.  But thankfully, today it wasn't me that had to eat their words.  It was Handsome.  He offered each of the kids a quarter for every weed that they pulled in the yard, in hopes of getting some yard work done.  Needless to say, the kids were ecstatic about the idea of earning money, and within 10 minutes my 6-year-old came inside and proudly announced that he had pulled 124 weeds.  124!!!  In less than 10 minutes!  That's $31.00!  I tried to remind my husband that when I was a child we were offered a nickle for each weed we pulled, and we easily pulled enough to make 5 or 10 bucks which was considered a hefty payday.  Why a quarter?  Why oh why?  A nickle...a dime...anything less than a quarter!  Since Handsome wasn't home during our weed pulling contest, I was giving him play-by-play's via text.  All I got in response was a four lettered word with an exclamation point.  Oops!  Think before you speak next time!  And get a second job.

2 comments:

Blake and Lacy said...

I read this with Blake and he couldn't stop laughing! Thanks for lesson :)

Tris said...

Brain hasn't always been the sharpest tool in the shed! Tee Hee!