Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Welcome to Aeropostle!

I never go to the mall.  Well, mostly never.  Maybe once or twice a year for something specific that I can't find anywhere else.  But I avoid the mall when possible.  Unfortunately I ran into the mall last week to grab a couple of birthday gifts for my daughter's friend's birthday parties.  I figured Aeropostle would be an easy one stop shop for everything cute, girly, and tween.  

It just so happened on the day that I went shopping at the mall at Aeropostle that I was wearing a hoodie that I had gotten from Aero several years ago.  Nothing fancy.  In fact, between my mom jeans and my hoodie I was just this side of frumpy.  But I was running errands and all about comfort and simplicity.  Besides, I love hoodies.  Love them!  Wish I had one in every color and wish I could wear one everyday.  And although they aren't necessarily fashionable, they complete me in a Jerry Maquire kind of way.  As I walked into Aeropostle that day wearing my green hoodie I was instantly approached by a young 20-something-year-old gal.  She was wide eyed and grinning ear to ear.  She greeted me with an enthusiastic, "Welcome to Aeropostle!  Your sweater is so pretty!"  (imagine this statement in a Legally Blonde kind of way)  

Hold on!  

Pretty?

Seriously?


First of all, I don't think I would classify this as a "sweater".  It's a hoodie.  Hoodie!

Second of all, nothing about this "sweater" screams "pretty" to me.  Cute?  Maybe.  Comfy.  Absolutely!  But pretty?  Uhhhhhhh.....no.

Needless to say, cheesy "I work on commission" girl sold me a whoppin' $14 worth of nail polish & t-shirts.  I considered buying more.  But I couldn't get over the initial obviously exaggerated lie of a compliment.  

Nope.  Still not over it.

(The picture above is not the actual hoodie I was wearing.  Mine is darker green, much much older, and stained most likely with smears of spit-up and Cheetos.)

2 comments:

Stacy said...

That day you happened to be wearing an Aero hoodie? Aren't you always?

(And yes, I'm sitting here in one of mine!)

Tris said...

Bwaaaah! Like I bet you looked so pretty! Like I wish I could have seen your pretty sweater!