Monday, March 18, 2013

Gasping For Air

It has been a long long long time since my last blog post.  There is part of me that has really missed jotting down my thoughts and the random happenings of my life.  But then there is that other part of me that didn't miss Squeaky-Poo one bit because I've been too busy NOT LOSING MY MIND!!!!

Okay.  That might be overly dramatic.  But I will say that since my last post I have mothered 5 children on a daily basis, worked part time, been an extraordinary wife (cough, cough, exaggeration), moved into a new home, rocked the holidays, waited out the winter, and, well, ya know.......survived.  Yep.  That's the most important.  Survival.  Cuz the truth is, there have been days (more than I can count) in the past year that have been so crazy, so stressful, so chaotic, and so challenging that it has taken every ounce of patience and Mt. Dew that I could gather to just survive.  Who knew?  I suck at this!  And I am neither joking nor fishing for compliments.  This is 100% raw honesty at it's finest for all you over achiever mothers.  Moving is hard.  Having a new baby is hard.  Having 5 kids is hard.  Working from home is hard.  Being a wife is hard.  Cooking and cleaning are hard.  Shaving my legs is hard.  Zipping up my jeans is hard.  Getting out of bed is hard!  But I'm proud to say that I have pushed through the hard, and yes, not only have I survived but I am quite enjoying the journey.  Love it in fact.  

Love it!

I'm not quite sure how long or how often I'll be able to keep up the blogging.  I'm quite awful at it in fact.  But it is somewhat therapeutic for me to unload some of my thoughts.  So I'm not throwing in the towel yet.  I can not, however, promise or commit to how often I'll blog or even that my posts will be worth reading.  But I can promise that they will be completely truthful.  Because life is hard.  I do suck at my job.  But my monkeys haven't fired me yet (knock on wood) so I'll be back at it in the morning.  And let me just applaud all of you women out there whether you're a stay at home mom or a working mom or both.  You are amazing!  How do you do it?!!!!

2 comments:

BeckyB.West said...

Emily, I've missed reading your hilariously honest posts! You crack me up and I love how you tell it like it is. Mommy of five! Holy smokes, you're a super lady. Thanks for the laugh:)

Blake and Lacy said...

Oh Emily! You are great! I'm glad there are others out there that aren't "perfect." And come on now, you have five kiddos, a job, a house to keep and on and on....and on