Friday, May 28, 2010

Black Teeth

I always have the most bizarre dreams at night.  I hate it mostly due to the fact that I don't sleep well.  But the other night my dream was that I had black teeth and they were falling out.  In my dream I was on a family vacation with the kids and hubby and my parents and siblings.  We were visiting a national park of sorts because I remember there being lots of rock formations and canyons.  Anyway, every once in a while I would spit out a tooth in my hand and put it in my pocket.  By the end of the vacation I had a pocket full of black teeth.  How weird is that?  Let me just say that when I woke the morning following this dream the first thing I did was run to the mirror and look at my teeth.  Thank heaven they were all still there.  And although suffering from morning breath and having a slight film on my teeth, they were not black.  Maybe yellow.  But definitely not black.  Hallelujah! 

Now just out of curiosity I looked online to interpret my dream of my teeth falling out.  Some interpretations said that you'll dream of your teeth falling out if you tell lies.  Ummmm...I guess I'm busted there!  Another interpretation said it might be a sign of sexual impotence.  Hmmmmm....no comment.  Another possible explanation said that if you dream about your teeth then you are worrying about money.  I'm assuming with that thought that 99% of humans have these disturbing nightmares.  Am I right?  But my favorite interpretation said something to the effect of "...women in menopause have frequent dreams about their teeth.  This further points to teeth dreams as being related to getting older and/or feeling unattractive or less feminine....Caring about how you look is both natural and healthy".  How old exactly am I in my dreams?  Last I checked I was 30.  And secondly, I haven't been worried about aging or my unattractive teeth until now!  Maybe my black teeth falling out was my wake up call to some other issues I wasn't aware of.  Thank you, Dream Weaver.

Menopause?  Black teeth?  I'm afraid to go to sleep tonight.  I thought I was "Thirty, flirty & thriving," according to my BFF, Jennifer Garner.  Sweet dreams tonight, my friends.  May you dream of healthy white teeth and youthfulness.  In the meantime, I'm sure that this is what I'll being seeing. 

2 comments:

Tris said...

That picture scares me. Remove it immedietly! Maybe there is more truth to your dream than you think....early menopause?

The Garners said...

Dude, I dream about my teeth falling out all the time. Not black though, that's a whole new aspect of crazy!