Tuesday, November 19, 2013

List Making Madness

I encouraged my kiddos to start making their Christmas Wish Lists a couple of weeks ago.  I like to get a jump on my shopping, as I'm sure Santa does as well.  So like the little angels that they are, they pulled out the construction paper and markers and started listing away.  The lists now hang on a closet door for me to read each day as I walk through the house.  It's funny to 1) see what they started out with and 2) see how the lists change from day to day.  These are a few of my favorite requests.

* 1,000 dollars
* stuffed minion
* wiener dog - a real one
* piano
* 4-wheeler or dirt bike that runs on gas
* donuts
* 1 billion dollars or $50 real money

and the request that ended up on 3 of the 4 lists from my 4 older children

* caffeine free Mt. Dew  
(I wonder where they got the Dew gene!  Weird!)

Not only do I love the specifics of the Christmas Lists but I also love the simplicity of them.  I know, a piano, a dirt bike, and 1 billion dollars might not seem simple.  But seriously?  It says "I billion dollars or $50".  And donuts and Mt. Dew?  I can do that!  And I know my kiddos would be "to the moon and back" excited.  

I can't wait to get shopping!

No comments: